Ever wondered why air quality monitoring is crucial for businesses?
According to the World Health Organization, Indoor air is often more seriously polluted than the outdoor air. For good health, well-being and safety reasons, humans need to be in a comfortable indoor environment with good air quality. The air must be free from dust, irritants, unpleasant smell, mold and mildew and other airborne contaminants.
Indoor Air Pollution is an invisible threat to your health. Many factors are responsible for poor indoor air quality (IAQ) in hotels & resorts. Some often-unnoticed cases include:
- The level of outdoor air pollution caused due to smog, traffic emissions and the use of chemical pesticides.
- Unobserved sources of indoor pollution originated from cleaning chemicals, use of artificial room fresheners, carpets and soft furnishings.
- Improper ventilation and air distribution rate.
- Amount of moisture present in kitchen areas, gym, spa, and indoor swimming pool leads to the growth of mold and mildew which can cause serious health issues.
Air Quality Monitoring Senses Common Pollutants
Potential Indoor Pollutants
|Ammonia||Cleaning Products||Irritation in the eye|
|Bacteria||Molds and Mildew, Fungi||Respiratory complaints|
|Carbon Dioxide||Combustion of energy, improper ventilation||Drowsiness, fatigue, headache|
|Dust & Particles||Carpets and rugs, Smoking||Allergic symptoms|
|Formaldehyde||Fabrics, furniture, fire retardants, adhesives,||Headache, drowsiness|
|Carbon Monoxide||Improperly-used or incorrectly-vented fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, stoves, water heaters and fireplaces||Confusion and drowsiness, fast breathing, fast heartbeat, or chest pain|
|Nitrogen Dioxide||Car exhaust fumes from the nearby traffic||Respiratory issues leading to asthma|
|Odors||Artificial room freshener, smoking, cooking||Cranky mood, headache, stress|
|Volatile Organic Compounds||Solvents, aerosol sprays, cosmetics dry-cleaning, paints, pesticides, smoking||Irritation in the eye, nose, and skin|
|Sulphur Dioxide||Solvents, cleaning products||Respiratory issues, Allergy, eye, throat, and skin irritation|
Importance of Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
Maintaining good Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is important for the hotel environment for many reasons – some of them are potentially significant for the property’s growth.
- Guest satisfaction – often guests will not complain about a stuffy environment or a room that exacerbates any allergies they may have, but they are unlikely to return or recommend your hotel to others.
- Staff productivity – staff cannot work efficiently and effectively if they are uncomfortable. This will affect their concentration, productivity and how they relate to your clients. Poor air quality can cause headaches, tiredness, dry or sore eyes or throat, skin irritation, dizziness, and even nausea.
- So-called ‘sick building syndrome’ can have a detrimental effect on long-term health. Reduced operating costs by reducing energy consumption (and your carbon dioxide emissions) through investment in modern, efficient air-conditioning equipment and proper maintenance.
Prana Air Gas Sensor: Control the Air you Breathe
Now you can be rest assured with our cost-effective Gas Sensors that enables you to track real-time harmful indoor gas and air particles.
- Measures level of Particulate Matter – Prana Air Gas sensor detects tiny air particles as small as PM 2.5 that can cause a number of health issues.
- Multiple sensors – The gas sensor indicates real-time air quality displaying important air quality parameters such as CO2, CO, Ozone, HCHO, and TVOCs.
- Level of Temperature, Humidity, Light, and Noise – Now keeping a check on the temperature and humidity level has become easy – helping you avoid unforeseen health emergencies.
- Remote Monitoring – Configure the device with the WiFi and receive real-time data on the web and mobile app – anytime and anywhere.
With the help of Prana Air Gas Sensors, you can easily control the air you and your guests breathe.
- This App enabled sensor can be added as My Device on your phone.
- Receive notifications on various Indoor Air Quality Parameters.
- Mapping real-time Air Quality data of different rooms at the same time.
- Enables you to develop effective policies to combat indoor pollution.